Latest information for parents September 2014
Baby Gym information for parents click here
2014 15 British Gymnastics Association Membership form- to download please click here
30th Nov - Update .... We have now raised a further £100 on the Lottery Bonus Ball - great work by the Parents. We will also be selling Flames T-shirts and "hoodies" during December. Make sure you buy yours soon...
14th October 2008 - thank you to all the parents of Flames gymnasts who were able to attend a meeting on 14th October, and for coming up with a range of fundraising ideas for 2008 / 09.
The parents got together to talk about fundraising and about volunteer roles within the Club.
The following was discussed & agreed:
1. Christmas; due to the expense of Christmas, parents agreed to buy presents only for gymnasts in their child's group
2. Christmas Hamper; it was agreed to raffle a hamper again this year. This raised £500 last year.
3. Christmas Party; this will take place on Friday 5th December at the Moseley All Services Club. Tickets will be sold soon. ALL Flames gymnasts and families are welcome (Squad, recreational and baby gym families)
4. Fundraising; it was agreed that Flames T-shirts will be sold to raise funds and to encourage involvement of people who attend once a week.
5. Lottery; the Bonus Ball started again last week, with £29.00 raised for Club funds.
6. Bag packing at Sainsbury's; Sheree offered to contacting Sainsbury's to see if this is possible.
7. Easyfundraising.org.uk; Alison to register with this website, which allows clubs to fundraise when people use various sites whilst internet shopping.
8. Football syndicate; parents will be asked if they are willing to take sheets away for fundraising outside of the club.
9. Football card; a great and easy way to raise money. It was agreed that Ian would speak with Alison about having these cards at the club for use during the year.
10. Help with coaching; 8 parents have requested some in-house coach skills development whilst waiting to attend a regionally run course. This will be arranged with Alison very soon.
11. Help at Baby Gym; a rota was drawn up for parents willing to help register participants at the beginning of the session. Any parents interested who have not yet put their names forward, please speak with Karen Liburd or Pam Mole.
Calling all parents / friends of Flames - are you interested in volunteering in the sport of gymnastics at Flames? There are volunteer roles in coaching, judging, and in helping us in our administrative work??
If you are interested, please let Alison know - there is plenty to do, including looking after registration at the start of the session, helping in managing the waiting list, coaching young children in the gym, judging at competitions, general club administration work which will all be useful to go through 'Gym Mark'. Please do get involved, all help offered will be very gratefully received!
For more up to date pictures, look back here again in just a few weeks time .... the Mum's are going on tour again - this time to Tenerife during the weekend of the 3rd and 4th May. Have a great time, we all look forward to seeing the pics on your return!!!
Latest pictures of the 'Mums on Tour'
Glams in Palma 2007